1 medium apple, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
¼ cup brown sugar (plus 2 tablespoons, separate)
½ cup organic cane sugar
½ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup Nature's Earthly Choice™ Apple Flour
½ cup all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Butter or coconut oil for greasing
- Pre-heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Meanwhile, in a pan, melt butter over low heat. Add chopped apples and 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved and the apples are soft.
- In a bowl, combine the cane sugar, ¼ cup brown sugar, and olive oil. Whisk together until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Mix in both flours, salt, cinnamon, and cooked apples.
- Pour into greased 9x9” pan and cook for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the top turns golden brown. Chill for 1 hour before slicing and serving.