Vanilla-Almond Chia Breakfast Pudding
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup Nature's Earthly Choice Chia Seeds
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup or raw honey
Seasonal fruit for topping (blueberries, peaches, figs and plums)
Almonds or other nuts for topping
- Combine almond milk, Chia Seeds, vanilla and sweetener in a bowl. Mix well until combined and the mixture begins to thicken. Store covered in the refrigerator overnight or for at least an hour.
- Stir well before serving and add a bit of water to the pudding if it becomes too thick. Top with fresh fruit and nuts of your choice.
Note: This recipe makes enough for two large servings, but feel free to double the recipe and keep it in your refrigerator so that you have breakfast for a few days in a row. It will keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Chia Seed Breakfast Bowl
The thickness of the Chia pudding will vary based on the kind of milk you use, so you can add more if necessary. If your pudding is too thin for you liking you can add more Chia Seeds and let it sit for 10 more minutes.
4 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 – 1.25 cups milk or almond milk
2 small bananas, chopped small
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
two pinches of cinnamon
2 tbsp raisins, soaked
2 tbsp whole raw almonds, chopped and soaked
couples pinches of cinnamon
2 tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
Store leftovers in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- Mash bananas in a medium-sized bowl. Stir in Chia Seeds. Whisk in the milk, vanilla, and cinnamon until combined. Place in fridge overnight to thicken.
- Add raisins and chopped almonds into another bowl. Cover in water and soak overnight in the fridge or on the counter.
- In the morning, place your desired amount of Chia pudding into a bowl. (Note: at this point, you can blend your Chia pudding if a smooth texture is desired). Drain and rinse the almond/raisin mixture. Sprinkle on top of Chia mixture along with a pinch of cinnamon and a tbsp of hemp seeds (optional). Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup, if desired.
Chia Overnight Oats
Makes 1 bowl of oats
1/2 scoop unsweetened vanilla protein powder, optional
1/2 c rolled oats
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 tbsp unsweetened dried coconut
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp almond extract
dash sea salt
1/2 c low-fat plain yogurtor Greek yogurt
- Stir together protein powder, if using, and milk.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and place in the fridge overnight. In the morning layer into a pretty glass with desired toppings.
Vegan Chia Waffles
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 TB Chia Seeds
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 ts vanilla extract
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, and mix the wet ingredients in a different bowl. Combine and mix until the waffle dough is without lumps.
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with nonstick baking sprayor wipe down with some oil. Cook waffles according to the waffle maker's instructions, which usually means putting about 1/4 cup batter on the iron, closing, and waiting for a light to go out.
Blueberry Chia Pancakes With Blueberry Sauce
1 cup plain flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
a pinch of salt
1 1/3 cup skim milk
2 tbsp Chia Seeds (I used black ones)
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of blueberries plus 1 cup of blueberries for sauce
Oil for frying
2 tbsp sugar or honey
- In a bowl mix whisk the flour, baking powder and salt until combined. In a jug, measure the milk, vanilla and add the egg and whisk together. Made a well in the center of the flour mixture and then slowly pour in the milk mixture whisking to avoid any lumps. Add the blueberries and Chia Seeds.
- Heat a frypan on low to medium heat. Add oil in the frypan once hot and place the round cutter in the pan and pour in the batter. Put the lid on and watch that it doesn’t burn. When bubbles appear, pick up the pancake, cutter and all and using an egg flip, turn it over and cook on other side. Test for doneness by pressing down gently in the center-if it feels squishy like there is still raw batter there, keep cooking it. The center should spring back to the touch.
- Make the blueberry sauce by heating up the blueberries in a small saucepan and then cook with sugar or honey until thick and syrupy. Serve pancakes with sauce.
Watermelon Smoothie Bowl
2 Cups Strawberries
1 Cup Banana
1 ½ Cup Watermelon
¼ Cup Coconut Water
1 Cup Ice
Nature’s Earthly Choice™ Chia Seeds
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and mix on high.
- Pour into a bowl or half a watermelon, and top with fruit and chia seeds.