¼ Cup butter
1 onion finely chopped
1 carrot finely chopped
1 celery stalk finely chopped
½ green pepper, finely chopped
5 Cups boiling water
1/3 Cup low sodium chicken soup base
2 tsp. granulated garlic
1 bay leaf
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
28 oz. tomatoes with herbs and spices; break up tomatoes
1/3 Cup dried Nature's Earthly Choice™ Lentil Trio
1 tsp. granulated sugar
1/3 Cup Nature's Earthly Choice™ Flax Seed
- In a large pot, over medium to medium-low heat, melt butter.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and green pepper. Gently sauté over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add boiling water, soup base, granulated garlic, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes with juice, orzo and lentils. Stir.
- Slowly simmer for 1 hour with lid ajar, stirring occasionally until lentils are soft.
- Add sugar and flax seeds. Stir and serve.