Beet and Walnut Couscous Salad
1 cup Nature's Earthly Choice™ Natural Pearled Couscous
2 cups broth or water
2 medium beets
½ cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon dried parsley
4 cups uncooked baby spinach
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash the beets and remove the roots and tops. With a vegetable peeler, remove the skin. Cut into bite-sized pieces and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Optional: Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the beets on a baking sheet. Roast for 40 to 45 minutes or until tender, turning over once halfway. Save the juices.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot, bring broth or water to a boil. Add couscous and reduce the heat. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
- In a pan, warm 2 tablespoons olive oil and sautéspinach until wilted, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Combine the cooked beats, couscous, spinach, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
Tip: For a quicker version, use canned cooked beets instead of raw beets.