Gluten-Free Hot Breakfast Cereal
1 cup brown basmati rice
1 ½ cups Nature's Earthly Choice Super Grain Blend
½ cup sesame seeds
½ cup Nature's Earthly Choice Milled Flax Seeds
½ cup cornmeal
½ cup Nature's Earthly Choice Amaranth
A pinch of salt
- Grind the basmati rice in a coffee grinder until it resembles a coarse powder. Empty the ground rice into a bowl.
- Repeat the process with the Super Grain Blend and sesame seeds.
- Stir in the cornmeal and amaranth.
- Bring 4 cups of water and a pinch of salt to boil in a saucepan.
- Stir in 1 cup of cereal mix and reduce the heat to medium low. Simmer for 20 minutes stirring frequently.
6 tbsp brown rice flour
½ cup gluten-free oat flour (you can grind your own from whole oats)
1 teaspoon lightly flaked sea salt (or kosher salt)
2 tbsp Nature's Earthly Choice Chia Seeds
¼ cup Nature's Earthly Choice Amaranth
¾ cup Nature's Earthly Choice Super Grain Blend
3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
¼ cup granulated coconut palm sugar
½ cup canola oil
6 tbsp pure maple syrup
2 tbsp unsulphured molasses
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line a half-sheet (13-inches x 18-inches) rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper, and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, place the brown rice flour, oat flour and salt, and whisk to combine well. Add the Chia Seeds, Amaranth, Super Grain Blend, rolled oats and sugar, and mix to combine well (working out any lumps in the sugar). Add the oil, maple syrup, and molasses, and mix to combine well. Make sure all of the grains are coated well with sugar, oil, syrup and molasses.
- Scrape the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, and spread into an even layer. Place the center of the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven; stir carefully to redistribute all of the ingredients and return to the oven. Bake for another 10 minutes. Again, remove the baking sheet from the oven; stir carefully to redistribute all of the ingredients and return to the oven. Bake for a final 10 minutes, or until the granola is lightly golden brown all over.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the granola to cool completely, undistributed. Transfer the granola to a lidded glass container, breaking up large chunks into smaller ones. Seal and store at room temperature.
Super Grain Pilaf
1 large onion, chopped
2/3 cup shredded carrot
2 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/3 cup Nature's Earthly Choice Super Grain Blend
2 cups vegetable or reduced-sodium chicken broth
¼ cup Sherry, optional
1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet, sauté onion and carrot in oil for 3-4 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the Super Grain Blend; sauté for 4 minutes or until grains are lightly brown.
- Gradually add broth and Sherry if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, stir in oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until grains are tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in parsley and sprinkle with almonds.
Quinoa, Buckwheat and Millet Pilaf
1 cup Nature's Earthly Choice Super Grain Blend, rinsed
¾ cup frozen peas or use your choice of vegetables (beans, carrots, cauliflower)
2 to 2 ½ cups water or as needed, or use vegetable stock
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
2 two inch long cinnamon sticks
3 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds and cinnamon. When the cumin seeds turn brown, add the Super Grain Blend. Saute for a couple of minutes and add the frozen peas or vegetables.
- Sauté for 30 seconds, add water and cook until the grains are finished, stirring occasionally so that the bottom does not burn.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks before serving.
Super Grain Chili
1 cup Nature's Earthly Choice Super Grain Blend
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
2 (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 (15oz.) can tomato sauce (no salt added)
1 (4.5oz.) diced green chilies
1 ½ Tbsp. chili powder, to taste
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 ½ tsp. paprika
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
Kosher salt and ground pepper, to taste
1 (15oz.) can kidney beans and 1 (15oz.) can black beans (no salt), drained and rinsed
1 ½ cup corn kernels, no salt
3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Juice of 1 lime, optional
1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced (optional)
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook Super Grain Blend according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in Super Grain Blend, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, green chilies, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and 1-2 cups water, making sure to cover most of the ingredients; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, until thickened, about 30 minutes. Stir in beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice.
- Serve immediately with avocado, if desired.
Mixed Super Grain Pilaf
1 cup Nature's Earthly Choice Super Grain Blend
Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce) to taste
Milled black pepper to taste
1 Tablespoon of hemp seed powder
Olive oil to taste
Half a lemon, squeezed
- Cook the Super Grain Blend according to packaging instructions.
- Add the tamari, milled black pepper, hemp seed powder and olive oil.
- Squeeze lemon on top and serve